The Royal Mint Experience - Terms and Conditions
All persons visiting The Royal Mint Experience do so subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The Royal Mint Experience is operated by The Royal Mint (“the Operator”).
- Ticket holders must arrive at The Royal Mint Experience at least fifteen minutes before the time printed on the ticket.
- Payments for tickets are non-refundable and tickets may only be changed or replaced at the absolute discretion of the Operator.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, aged 16 years or over, at all times whilst at The Royal Mint Experience.
- The Operator reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to any person into, or remove any person from The Royal Mint Experience.
- All persons visiting The Royal Mint Experience must pay for admission prior to entry. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of the Operator.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into The Royal Mint Experience, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within all areas of The Royal Mint Experience. (including e-cigarettes)
- Only food and beverages purchased at The Royal Mint Experience can be consumed at The Royal Mint Experience.
- Where a person has caused damage at The Royal Mint Experience he/she shall meet any costs and expenses arising.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited at The Royal Mint Experience, except for assistance dogs.
- No ticket may be resold.
- The Operator will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that The Royal Mint Experience is open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, the Operator reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons, mechanical breakdown or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close The Royal Mint Experience or any part of it. In the event of such closure, the Operator will refund any visitor whose booking is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of The Royal Mint Experience, or cancellation of any booking.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the Operator’s negligence or that of The Royal Mint Limited (“TRM”), the Operator, TRM and their employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any visit undertaken and/or during evacuation from The Royal Mint Experience.
- From time to time the Operator, TRM or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of The Royal Mint Experience, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that the Operator, TRM or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with the Operator, TRM or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- Some (but not all) types of tickets are available for purchase online through TRM’s website (www.royalmint.com/experience). For the avoidance of doubt, such tickets and products are available in limited quantities and each purchase will be subject to availability.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Due to fire safety procedures, guests with mobility impairments must contact The Royal Mint Experience in advance to ensure no disruption to their visit – 0333 241 2223.