Conveniently located just four miles from Junction 34 of the M4, The Royal Mint Experience is just 20 minutes away from Wales’ capital city, Cardiff. Easy to get to and simple for visitors to find, our exhibition also has on-site visitor parking clearly signposted upon arrival. Best of all, our car park is free, suitable for both cars and coaches, and is also easily accessible for wheelchair users.
where we are
If you’re using a Sat Nav or a GPS navigation device, the postcode is CF72 8YT.
- Exit junction 34 of the M4, take the exit signposted to Llantrisant
- Follow the road through two sets of traffic lights and continue to the first roundabout
- At the first roundabout, take the second exit and continue through two sets of traffic lights to the second roundabout
- At the second roundabout, take the second exit
- Continue to the next roundabout, taking the fourth exit
- Continue straight on and take the third left to arrive in The Royal Mint Experience car park
By bus and train
The closest train station to The Royal Mint is Pontyclun which is approximately four miles from The RoyalMint Experience. There are frequent train connections to Cardiff Central but we advise booking a local taxi firm from Pontyclun to complete your journey. We can provide telephone numbers for local taxi firms; please call 0333 241 2223 for assistance.
The closest bus stops are:
- To/from Pontypridd: Parc Busnes Edwards (4 minute walk from us)
- To/from Cardiff: Ely Valley Road, Ynysymaerdy Industrial Estate (12 minute walk from us)