At The Royal Mint, we have been making precious metals products for over a millennium. We specialise in investment-grade bullion coins and bullion bars, as well as physically backed digital gold, digital silver and digital platinum investment solutions.
Thousands of investors all over the world, as well as central banks and other institutions, trust The Royal Mint. However, we understand that investing in precious metals - especially for the first time - can be daunting. We have developed our Precious Metals Investment Principles to provide customers with reassurance and peace of mind.
1. We act with honesty and integrity:
- We publish educational precious metals content to support customer decision-making; this includes webinars, guides and FAQs using credible sources of information, including the World Gold Council.
- We provide transparent, accurate and understandable information about our products, services, terms & conditions, pricing, and all associated fees, without providing financial advice.
- We never pressure customers into making an investment.
2. We are communicative and responsive:
- We are here to help. If you have any questions relating to our bullion coins, bars or physically backed digital products, our team of experts are on hand to talk you through your options.
- We make it easy for you to contact us by your preferred method of communication. Find out more about the different ways in which you can contact us here.
3. We ensure that your investments are managed safely and securely:
- We ensure that we have secure, top-tier systems, processes and controls in place to mitigate against fraud or operational misuse.
- Customers who choose to store their precious metals with us are able to take advantage of our world-leading secure storage facility, The Vault ®. The Vault ® was built to Federal Standard 832 Class A, and is guarded by trained security staff who are onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- We guarantee that all precious metals holdings stored within our vault - or out for delivery to customers - are fully insured against loss, damage and theft.
4. We are stringent in relation to compliance and regulatory controls:
- We uphold all relevant laws in relation to precious metals investing, including those relating to countering money laundering and terrorist financing.
5. We plan for all eventualities:
- We ensure that any bullion coins and bars stored within our vault are legally owned by, and allocated to customers. In the unlikely event that The Royal Mint becomes insolvent, these products would be returned to customers.
- We ensure that our DigiGold products are fully backed by physical precious metal bars stored within our vault, and that customers who purchase DigiGold are allocated full, legal ownership of the ‘portions’ of these bars that they purchase. In the unlikely event that The Royal Mint becomes insolvent, customers will receive the monetary value of the holdings that they own.
6. We advocate responsible sourcing of precious metals:
- We work to lead the way in terms of ESG (Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance) within the precious metals market.
- We have a dedicated, in-house precious metals procurement team who actively manage the ethical sourcing of precious metals.
- We work collaboratively with the LBMA (London Bullion Market Association) to remain at the forefront of best ethical practises within the precious metals sector.
- We conduct comprehensive checks in relation to any precious metals suppliers and partners that we use to ensure they meet our stringent standards.
- You can find out more about our commitment to ESG within precious metals here.
7. We uphold professional standards, knowledge and expertise within the precious metals industry:
- We are active members of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) and work collaboratively with the World Gold Council and the World Platinum Investment Council to remain at the forefront of precious metals industry news and developments.
- We adhere to and advocate the World Gold Council’s Responsible Gold Investment Principles.
- We maintain high levels of cyber security and data protection.
If you would like to find out more about any of the aspects mentioned above, or if you have any questions in relation to our provision of precious metals products and services, please get in touch.
Telephone: 0800 032 2154
Stay Up-to-Date with Everything Precious Metals…
Sign up to our precious metals investment emails and receive the latest market information, products and services from the UK’s home of gold.