This June, we will hold our first independent consignment auction. In the year that Her Majesty The Queen marks her Platinum Jubilee, we are celebrating great leaders from across the world and British monarchs that have made coinage collectable. With more than 1,100 years of experience, you can trust us to authenticate, value and sell a coin or collection on your behalf.
Reasons to consign your coin to an auction at The Royal Mint:
We offer competitive selling fees - often 0%
We have a massive database of potential buyers
The prestige of selling your coins through The Royal Mint
Regular auctions mean frequent opportunities to sell
Great bidding software means it’s easy for buyers to take part
If you have a coin or coins you are looking to sell an auction can often be the best way to find the right buyer. The Royal Mint’s regular auctions provide a great opportunity to offer your coins to a large buying audience. Selling in a Royal Mint auction can help make sure you get a fair price for your coins while being confident they are going to a good new home. Get in touch with our experienced auction team today to see how easy consigning to The Royal Mint auctions is.
How to consign coins to a Royal Mint auction.
- Contact us via our consignment form below with details of the coin you would like to sell.
We need to have as much information about each coin as possible so we can make sure we place it in the best sale and get you the best price. We will need to know what the coin is and what grade it is in. The best way to answer this is to send us high-resolution pictures of each side of the coin when you complete our consignment inquiry form.
- We will get back to you with our estimated auction valuation
- If you are happy with our estimate send the coin to us with the reference number we give you using our freepost service
- Once we have received the coin we will confirm the condition and estimate of the coin and issue the sales contract.
- Near the auction day, we will send you details of which lot number your coin is so you can watch it selling
- Once your coins are sold we will make payment (less any fees if applicable) in the agreed timeframe.
We are particularly interested in coins that were originally struck by The Royal Mint, in Gold, Silver or Platinum. We are the home of British coinage and so we will always prefer to see British coins. Coins that have been used in circulation and are made after 1900 are not best suited to auction sales, this includes coins from around the world.
What are you looking to sell
What year is your coin ?
Tell us about your coin
How many are you looking to sell?
To proceed to the next stage, simply enter your details on the form below. A member of our customer service team will respond to you within 3 working days.