The Royal Mint encourages discussion on our social media platforms but we would ask you to please note the following guidelines:
- Do not promote any material containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services on third party websites, junk mail, chain letters or "spam";
- Do not use obscene, vulgar, harassing, libellous, defamatory, racially offensive or threatening language or imagery, or objectionable material;
- Do not reveal personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, e-mail, or postal addresses);
- Do not use The Royal Mint social media channels to endorse religious beliefs/practices or political parties, candidates, or groups;
- Do not alter or use The Royal Mint’s trademarked or protected imagery or brand assets;
- Do not transmit material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- Please avoid interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Social Media platform;
- Please do not make or transmit or store any electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
- Do not impersonate another person.
The Royal Mint does not control the content placed on the social media pages by third parties. However, The Royal Mint reserves the right to refuse to post material, to remove material posted on the pages and to contact the publisher in the event that there are concerns about the content added to a page.
The Royal Mint may review or edit the content of the social media pages. Therefore, if you have concerns about any of the content of the pages you should contact us by selecting the “report as inappropriate” button. The relevant content may be removed from the page. If we believe that any material placed on the page is unlawful we may contact the relevant authority.
Please be aware that this is a public forum - in cases where The Royal Mint believes a conversation should be conducted privately, we reserve the right to remove your post and contact you via private message.
The Royal Mint makes no representations as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement displayed on the pages by third parties. You are solely responsible for the content of your messages posted on the pages and the views expressed by individuals do not represent the views of The Royal Mint. The Royal Mint reserves the right to delete inappropriate content and/or contact the publisher to provide a warning that the type of content being published is in breach of these rules.
You will be responsible for:
Any claim by any third party that the use of the social media pages by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice;
Any claim by any third party that the use of the social media pages by you infringes that third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature;
Any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of the social media pages by you.
By submitting material, you are granting The Royal Mint a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sublicense the material in whole or in part and in any form.
View The Royal Mint’s policies and guidelines:Copyright and re-use of materials Anti-Bribery and Corruption Statement Freedom of
Information Legal Tender
Guidelines Nickel Plated
Steel Coin Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement Candidate Privacy
Statement Tax Strategy
Social Media Community Rules UK Garbled