According to The Silver Institute’s latest publication, researchers from all around the world have been busy studying silver, and there have been some extraordinary results and interesting uses of the precious metal discovered.
Highlights from the publication include:
- Engineers at Duke University claim silver could be a safer alternative to Lithium batteries, which suffer from several drawbacks including incidents of combustion and explosion.
- Researchers at University of Houston have found that silver can help in turning waste heat into green electricity.
- According to the University of Birmingham, when silver is infused with glass to make bio glass, it’s germ-fighting abilities become even greater and can be used in bone grafts.
- University of Cambridge researchers have found out that silver is a crucial element in the production of synthetic gas, which can then be used to produce electricity as well as useful chemicals such as ammonia and synthetic petroleum.
- Chinese scientists have found out that silver makes water pollution separating membranes last longer and offers greater efficiency.
To read the full report, please click here.