- The iconic Britannia coin design features four advanced security features
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation creates movement in the background of waves
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Packaged in individual tubes in a durable monster box
Created by the team behind the United Kingdom’s 12-sided £1 coin, which is known as ‘the world’s most secure coin’, the Britannia 2024 bullion coin features innovative security technology that make it the most visually secure bullion coin in the world.
Struck in 999.9 fine gold and enhanced with four security features, Philip Nathan’s depiction of Britannia is as beautiful as ever on this bullion coin. In the lower left-hand of the design, below Britannia’s flowing gown, a trident represents her naval history and as the viewer changes their perspective this trident becomes a padlock, emphasising the coin’s secure nature. Surface animation reflects the movement of waves and fine details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been carefully highlighted in the coin’s bullion finish. These added security features both decorate and protect the coin, just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’.
Britannia 2024 1oz Gold Bullion One Hundred Coin Box
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||100 x 1 Troy Oz|
|Security Features||Micro-text | Latent image | Tincture lines | Surface animation|