A symbol of strength and reliability, The Sovereign has been associated with the British monarchy since 1489. In tribute to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, a memorial edition of The Sovereign, The Royal Mint’s flagship coin, has been struck to bullion standard and honours a remarkable 70-year reign. The reverse of the coin features Jody Clark’s adept depiction of the Royal Arms, whilst the obverse features the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time in the history of The Sovereign.
This Sovereign is dated 2022 as it was struck to memorialise the passing of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A further Sovereign bullion coin range will launch in 2023.
- Our Memorial Sovereign bullion coin range has ceased production and we have limited stock remaining
- The first definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King graces the obverse
- A rare change of design sees Jody Clark’s interpretation of the Royal Arms adorn the reverse of the coin
- Each coin is struck in 22 carat gold and finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Packaged in a single coin tube
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
The Memorial Sovereign 2022 Twenty Five Bullion Coin Tube
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||25 x 0.235 Troy Oz|