A symbol of strength and reliability, The Sovereign has been associated with the British monarchy since 1489. In celebration of His Majesty King Charles III’s coronation, a special edition of The Sovereign, The Royal Mint’s flagship coin, has been struck to bullion standard in honour of the occasion. The reverse of the coin returns to Benedetto Pistrucci’s classic St George and the dragon design, whilst the obverse features the crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King designed by Martin Jennings.
- A crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III graces the obverse of the coin
- The reverse features a return to Benedetto Pistrucci’s classic design of St George and the dragon, which is synonymous with The Sovereign
- Each coin is struck in 22 carat gold and finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Twenty-five coins packaged in a single coin tube
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents