Following the success of our 2019 Britannia Bullion Collection, as we continue the expansion of our bullion business to Asia, The Royal Mint is excited to release the 2020 Britannia Oriental Border One Ounce Gold Bullion Coin.
Britannia is one of our flagship coins. The weight and quality of the coins are verified at the Trial of the Pyx. Held amidst the grandeur of Goldsmiths’ Hall in London, it’s one of the oldest and most exacting quality control procedures anywhere in the world. Britannia coins are Capital Gains Tax exempt in the United Kingdom.
Instantly recognisable, Britannia is a trusted symbol to investors all over the world. Here, Philip Nathan’s classic interpretation of Britannia is flanked by an ornate oriental border, inspired by the Chinese-themed banqueting room at Brighton’s Royal Pavilion. Built for King George IV, it stands as a symbol of the links between east and west.
Bullion has been chosen as an investment by individuals, governments and organisations for thousands of years. In more recent times, people have considered it a hedge against stock market volatility and geopolitical events. With gold and silver more accessible than ever before, could now be the right time to diversify your investment portfolio?
This bullion coin is also available as a one ounce gold edition.
- Struck in one ounce of 999 fine silver
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Exempt from Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Features Philip Nathan’s Britannia – a modern classic
- A limited mintage of 50,000 coins
- Features an obverse design by iconic Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark, creator of the latest definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- Features a new secure micro-dot texture showcasing Britannia’s majesty
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
Britannia 2020 Oriental Border Silver 1oz Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan /Thomas Docherty|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Additional Features||Sunburst on reverse|