This competition is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is The Royal Mint Limited of Llantrisant, Pontyclun, United Kingdom CF72 8YT (The Royal Mint). If you have any questions about this promotion, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when they take part in the competition.
- The competition is:
- only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are 16 years of age or older;
- not open to employees of The Royal Mint and its group companies, or their immediate family; and
- restricted to one entry per household.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- Competition entry is not conditional on consenting to marketing.
- The competition opens on 2 March 2023 at 09:00hrs GMT and closes on 31 March 2023 at 23:59hrs BST. Any entries received before the opening or after the closing dates / times will not be included and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To enter this competition, you must select the correct answer to the question above.
- One winner will be selected at random, using an online independent True Random Number generator, from all eligible entrants and will be notified by email. Names may also be announced on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / LinkedIn. Where possible the draw will take place within 48 hours of the competition closing.
- The winner will receive one unit of The Bull of Clarence 2023 UK £5 Brilliant Uncirculated Coin, and one unit of Official Hampton Court Palace Guidebook. Each element of the prize may be despatched separately.
- The Official Hampton Court Palace Guidebook is supplied by Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited, Apartment 28, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey, KT8 9AU (HRP).
- HRP is not involved or a partner to the management or execution of this competition and prize. Any promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with HRP.
- The Royal Mint reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The Royal Mint's control makes it necessary to do so.
- There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-refundable, non-negotiable, and non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any offer.
Claiming the prize
- Once the winner has been notified, they will have 48 hours of being notified to respond to claim their prize and confirm their address for delivery. If the winner fails to claim their prize, or chooses not to claim it, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner drawn.
- The winner may be asked to participate in any related publicity to the prize and/or asked to write a review of the prize.
- The prize will be sent to the winner within six weeks of the closing date.
Ownership of entries
- All entries and any accompanying material submitted to The Royal Mint will become the property of The Royal Mint on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting your entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- assign to The Royal Mint all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights,
in and to your entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
Limitation of liability
- All decisions made by The Royal Mint relating to this competition are final and binding.
- Under no circumstances, unless required or prohibited by law (in which case your statutory rights are not affected), will The Royal Mint:
- be responsible or liable for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition;
- be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, costs, expenses personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of The Royal Mint;
- accept entries that are:
- lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause;
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
- incomplete; or
- accept proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the promotion.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, The Royal Mint may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude entrants from participating in the competition.
- The Royal Mint reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform used by The Royal Mint as part of the promotion.
- The information submitted in the competition entry are for the following purposes:
- to enter the competition;
- so that we can contact you to inform you of the outcome of the competition;
- so that we can contact you regarding any publicity requests;
- so that we may reach you via social media platforms; and
- as a method of contact for any related or future promotions if you choose to opt in to marketing communications.
- The competition will be governed by English and Welsh law and entrants to the competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
© Historic Royal Palaces 2024 Produced under licence from Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited