The story of St George and the dragon is steeped in mystery, myth and legend. For many years throughout history, the tale of St George slaying the dragon has captivated audiences around the world. As England’s patron saint, The Royal Mint has honoured the legend once more on The Valiant coin, an annual release in our bullion offering.
Artist Etienne Millner has beautifully captured the courage, bravery and gallantry of St George in his striking, contemporary design. The legend of St George, and his dragon-slaying triumph, crosses cultures and weaves through periods in history. Still revered by many today, he has become an international symbol of honour and courage. Reverse frosting highlights elements of Etienne Millner’s bold design, whilst Queen Elizabeth’s latest effigy is guilloched on the obverse.
Struck in ten ounces of 999.9 fine silver, each ten-ounce coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and is also available as a one ounce edition. The one ounce edition can be purchased individually, or in tubes of twenty-five coins.
- Each coin contains ten ounces of 999.9 fine silver
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features Etienne Millner’s modern interpretation of St George and the dragon
- The coin’s obverse is guilloche, whilst the reverse is incused
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Valiant 2021 10oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Etienne Millner|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||10 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Additional Features||Micro-dot table texture|