Celebrating the heraldry and history of the Tudor period with contemporary designs, the Royal Tudor Beasts is a new collection from The Royal Mint. Heraldic beasts are part of the story of the monarchy – a tradition to signify lineage and strength on the battlefield that stretches back centuries. Inspired by this long tradition, the Royal Beasts stand guard over the moat at Hampton Court Palace, representing Henry VIII and the powerful Tudor dynasty.
Chosen to symbolise strength, leadership and courage, David Lawrence has captured the Lion of England in a bold design for the first coin in the collection. The design is also set against a new surface animation background texture on the reverse of the coin.
The ten-ounce silver edition is the largest coin in the range, and has been struck in 999.9 fine silver to bullion standard. The coin will also be available in a two-ounce silver edition and additional fine gold and platinum coins.
- The fearsome Lion of England launches a new bullion coin collection
- Struck in 999.9 fine silver
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- David Lawrence’s design is inspired by the Royal Beasts that line the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace
- Features a secure surface animation background texture
- CGT exempt for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
The Royal Tudor Beasts 2022 Lion of England 10oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||David Lawrence|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||10 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|