Inspired by the traditions of storytelling and folklore, passed down through centuries and generations, the Myths and Legends Collection from The Royal Mint launched in 2021, beginning with a three-coin series celebrating the famous tales of Robin Hood. The archer himself and Maid Marian appeared on the first two coins in the collection, and now the third coin in the series completes the trio of legendary characters with Little John, the faithful sidekick who is always ready to follow Robin Hood into battle.
For this coin, the designer Jody Clark has brought legend to life, depicting Little John amongst the strong trees and branches of Sherwood Forest that echo the strength and steadfastness of the character.
Struck in 999 fine silver, each one ounce coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and is also available as a one ounce gold edition.
- Please note we have now stopped all production of Myths and Legends bullion coins which feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999 fine silver
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features a modern interpretation of Little John by Jody Clark
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Little John 2022 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|