This special edition of one of the most celebrated bullion coins in the world celebrates the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III. The obverse features the first crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, designed by Martin Jennings, whilst the reverse of the coin features Britannia, an icon that is recognised around the world. Each coin in the range is available in limited numbers.
- Made to mark the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- Features the first crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King, designed by Martin Jennings
- The iconic Britannia coin design includes four advanced security features
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
- Exempt from Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- A limited mintage of 200,000
- The 2023 Coronation Britannia coins will be the only Britannia bullion coins in history to feature the first crowned effigy of His Majesty King Charles III
Why isn't there a castellation around the edge of The Coronation Britannia obverse design?
The official crowned bullion effigy struck to mark the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III does not feature the traditional Britannia edge castellation. In line with The Royal Mint’s commitment to sustainability, we have used the same crowned obverse as the rest of the Coronation bullion coin range to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
The Coronation Britannia 2023 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
|999 Fine Silver
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|1 Troy Oz
|Single Coin Capsule