- Enhanced with four advanced security features for the first time
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
For more than 1,100 years, The Royal Mint has combined tradition and innovation to create beautiful, secure and trusted coins. In 2024, Britannia continues to lead the way in defining security in the bullion market. This latest incarnation of the icon combines Philip Nathan’s 1987 interpretation with four pioneering security features to create one of the most visually secure coins in the world. These additions have been applied to both decorate the coin and make it secure, just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘DECUS ET TUTAMEN’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’. In the lower part of the design, below Britannia’s flowing gown, a trident represents the icon’s maritime history. As the viewer changes their perspective of the coin, the trident turns into a padlock that emphasises the coin’s secure nature. Surface animation reflects and represents the movement of waves behind Britannia and tincture lines highlight fine details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield.
This ten-ounce silver coin includes four security features as does the one kilo and one ounce silver editions of the 2024 Britannia; these features are also available on various gold and platinum editions of the coin.
Britannia 2024 10oz Silver Bullion Coin
|999 Fine Silver
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|10 Troy Oz
|Single Coin Capsule