- The obverse features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
- The world’s first bullion coin to feature the first coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III
- Struck in one quarter of an ounce of 999 fine silver
- Includes Philip Nathan’s world-famous Britannia design
- With a background security feature of radial lines
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Packaged in a single coin tube
With a history that stretches back to Roman times, Britannia is the female embodiment of a nation that has evolved through the centuries. In 1987, sculptor Philip Nathan created a bold interpretation of the icon for a new bullion coin. More than 35 years later, the design is regarded as a modern classic, and the Britannia coin is recognised around the world as a flagship product of The Royal Mint.
Philip Nathan’s Britannia stands steadfast amidst crashing waves and beside a shield bearing the Union flag, wearing a classic Corinthian helmet and holding an olive branch representing peace. For 2023, the award-winning design is as beautiful as ever on this coin, struck in 999 fine silver and finished to our bullion standard.
Britannia 2023 1/4oz Silver Bullion Twenty Coin Tube (King Charles III)
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||19 x 0.25 Troy Oz|