- Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year.
- The largest coin in this range
- Struck in one kilo of 999 fine silver for the first time
- Enhanced with four advanced security features
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
Britannia has been cast as the female personification of Britain for centuries, evolving through the ages to capture the spirit of a nation and its people. First appearing on the coins of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, Britannia has been a continuous presence on British coins since 1672. Today, this icon appears on our flagship Britannia bullion coin. Renowned for its beauty and reliability, this incarnation of Britannia was created by sculptor Philip Nathan in 1987. He presented the ‘queen of the seas’ with carefully chosen symbols of Britain’s identity – a shield for protection, an olive branch for peace and a trident for her maritime links. The award-winning design has become so highly regarded that only The Royal Mint is able to strike genuine Britannia coins featuring Philip Nathan’s interpretation. This modern classic has been struck on the 2023 bullion coin, which contains one kilo of 999 fine silver and depicts Britannia standing boldly amongst the waves.
This one kilo silver coin includes four additional security features, as does the one ounce fine silver and the one ounce, half-ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine gold editions of the coin.
Britannia 2023 Kilo Silver Bullion Coin (Queen Elizabeth II)
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||32.15 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Security Features||Micro-text | Latent feature | Surface animation | Tincture lines|