A new investment opportunity in the range, this quarter-ounce gold bullion coin is the latest addition to The Queen’s Beasts Collection. Inspired by the ancient art of heraldry, the collection brings to life the ten imposing statues that lined the entrance to Westminster Abbey at Her Majesty The Queen’s Coronation in 1953.
The yale was first written about by the classical author Pliny the Elder in his influential Natural History. It is a mythical beast, able to swivel each of its horns independently. It descends to The Queen through Henry VII, who inherited it from his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort, who went on to play a central role in the Wars of the Roses. Her position as matriarch of the Tudor dynasty gave the yale prestige and symbolic meaning.
This quarter-ounce gold bullion coin features another original portrait by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark. Regal, rare and magnificent, its most prominent feature is its horns which are a focal point in the design.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a gold one-ounce edition and a silver two-ounce coin.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- Both the coin’s obverse and reverse have been created by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Struck by The Royal Mint, the home of every official United Kingdom coin struck during Her Majesty The Queen’s reign
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule