This quarter ounce gold bullion coin is the sixth addition to The Queen’s Beasts range. Inspired by ancient symbols of power and identity, the range brings to life the ten imposing statues that lined the entrance to Westminster Abbey in 1953 at the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen.
An ancient heraldic emblem, the falcon symbolises single-minded determination. First used by Edward III, the falcon device was also employed by his grandson Richard II as a Royal Badge.
Likewise, Richard’s uncles employed falcons as motifs. Widely used by Edward IV, the falcon was shown seated upon a golden fetterlock, slightly open, to symbolise his claim to the English throne; a claim he would press to become the first Yorkist king. Later it was adopted by Henry VII, who combined the two houses of York and Lancaster. By the reign of Elizabeth I, the falcon had become an established royal beast.
Following the success of previous coins in the collection, this gold quarter-ounce edition features another original design by Jody Clark. Majestic and imposing, the falcon perches on a shield, embodying suitability for high office.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a gold one ounce edition and a silver two-ounce edition.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- Both the coin’s obverse and reverse have been created by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Struck by The Royal Mint, the home of every official United Kingdom coin struck during Her Majesty The Queen’s reign
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
The Queen's Beasts 2019 Falcon 1/4 oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1/4 Troy oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|