This one ounce gold bullion coin is the sixth addition to The Queen’s Beasts range. Inspired by ancient symbols of power and identity, the range brings to life the ten imposing statues that lined the entrance to Westminster Abbey in 1953 at the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen.
In heraldry, the falcon symbolises single-minded determination. First used by Edward III, the device was also employed by his grandson Richard II as a Royal Badge. Likewise, Richard’s uncles employed falcons as motifs. The device became particularly associated with the House of York.
Widely used by Edward IV, the first Yorkist king, his falcon sits upon a golden fetterlock, slightly open to symbolise Edward’s claim to the throne. The falcon was later adopted by Henry VII, who united the Houses of York and Lancaster. By the reign of Elizabeth I, it had been accepted as an established royal beast.
Following the success of previous coins in the range, this gold one ounce ten coin tube edition features another original design by Jody Clark. Majestic and imposing, the falcon perches on a shield, embodying suitability for high office.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a gold quarter-ounce and a silver two-ounce ten coin tube edition.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- Both the coin’s obverse and reverse have been created by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark
- Struck by The Royal Mint, the home of every official United Kingdom coin struck during Her Majesty The Queen’s reign
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
The Queen's Beasts 2019 Falcon 1 oz Gold Bullion Ten Coin Tube
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|