The second design in our Queen’s Beasts bullion range takes its inspiration from hundreds of years of royal heraldry. The background for this range comes from the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, where ten heraldic beasts stood guard, The Queen's Beasts, sculpted by James Woodford RA for the coronation ceremony.
The coins each depict one of The Queen's Beasts, reimagined by Royal Mint Coin Designer Jody Clark. Jody also created the latest definitive coinage portrait of The Queen to appear on United Kingdom coins. His bold interpretation of The Lion of England was the first to be released, now followed by The Griffin associated with Edward III. This is the second in a series of ten designs.
- Struck to bullion standard
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat)
- The second in a series of ten designs that will celebrate each of The Queen's Beasts
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Packaged in a 10 coin tube