This Christmas, visit The Royal Mint Experience dusted with a blanket of snow, for a magical, festive experience. Not many people know this, but we’re going to let you in on a yuletide secret: Santa Claus has been using The Royal Mint as his British base for hundreds of years! You see, Santa and his elves are at their busiest at this time of year and the workshop at the North Pole is often overflowing with toys. This is where we come in; Santa puts his trust in our organisation, which has a proud 1,100 year history of unrivalled craftsmanship, to help.
Filled with wonder and delight, it is sure to be a truly magical day out with the kids this Christmas.
The Royal Mint Christmas Experience runs every day from Saturday 25th November to Sunday 24th December 2023.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Royal Mint Christmas Experience runs every day from Saturday, 25th November 2023 to Sunday, 24th December 2023. Tours depart every 20 minutes, as follows:
Monday-Thursday: first tour 12:00pm; last tour 8pm
Friday-Sunday: first tour 9:00am; last tour 8pm
Conveniently located just four miles from Junction 34 of the M4, The Royal Mint Experience is just 20 minutes away from Wales’ capital city, Cardiff. Easy to get to and simple for visitors to find, our exhibition also has on-site visitor parking clearly signposted upon arrival. Best of all, our car park is free, suitable for both cars and coaches, and is also easily accessible for wheelchair users.
If you’re using a Sat Nav or a GPS navigation device, the postcode is CF72 8YT.
- Exit junction 34 of the M4, take the exit signposted to Llantrisant
- Follow the road through two sets of traffic lights and continue to the first roundabout
- At the first roundabout, take the second exit and continue through two sets of traffic lights to the second roundabout
- At the second roundabout, take the second exit
- Continue to the next roundabout, taking the fourth exit
- Continue straight on and take the third left to arrive in The Royal Mint Experience car park
By bus and train
The closest train station to The Royal Mint is Pontyclun which is approximately four miles from The Royal Mint Experience. There are frequent train connections to Cardiff Central but we advise booking a local taxi firm from Pontyclun to complete your journey. We can provide local taxi firms; please call 0333 241 2223 for assistance.
The closest bus stops are:
- To/from Pontypridd: Parc Busnes Edwards (4 minute walk from us)
- To/from Cardiff: Ely Valley Road, Ynysymaerdy Industrial Estate (12 minute walk from us)
To plan your route in advance, visit www.traveline.cymru or call Traveline Cymru on 0300 200 2233 for assistance.