Invest in a legend of British folklore as the story of King Arthur inspires our latest three-coin series within our collection dedicated to myths and legends. The fabled king graces the first coin of the new series, with Merlin and Morgan le Fay planned to feature on the second and third coins respectively.
The legend of King Arthur first appeared in the Welsh medieval chronicles of the ninth and tenth centuries and remains one of the most iconic figures within British mythology. The legend has evolved over the ages, with various narrative strands offering depictions of Arthur that range from a fierce warrior defending Britain against Saxon invaders to the noble leader of the Knights of the Round Table, which embodies the values of a chivalric society.
The design, created by the experienced illustrator David Lawrence, features King Arthur at its centre as he sits astride a horse and grasps Excalibur, his legendary sword. Camelot Castle, home to the Knight of the Round Table and their noble leader, can be seen in the background. Struck in 999 fine silver, each coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and the coin is also available as a one ounce gold edition.
- The first coin in a new three-coin collection inspired by British myths and legends, honouring the legendary King Arthur
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999 fine silver
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features an interpretation of the legendary King Arthur by David Lawrence
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
King Arthur 2023 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||David Lawrence|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|