- Enhanced with four advanced security features
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Struck in one kilo of 999 fine silver
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
Cast as the female personification of Britain for millennia, Britannia has continually evolved through the ages to capture and match the spirit of a nation and its people. First appearing on the coins of the Roman emperor Hadrian in the second century, Britannia has been a constant presence on British coins since 1672. Today, this icon appears on our flagship Britannia bullion coin. Renowned for its beauty and strength, sculptor Philip Nathan created this globally recognisable incarnation of Britannia in 1987. He presented the ‘queen of the seas’ with carefully chosen symbols of Britain’s identity – a shield for protection, an olive branch for peace and a trident for her maritime links. Only The Royal Mint is able to strike genuine Britannia coins featuring Philip Nathan’s award-winning design and this modern classic has been struck on bullion coins dated 2024.
This one kilo silver coin includes four additional security features, as does the one ounce fine silver and one ounce, half-ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine gold editions of the coin.
Britannia 2024 Kilo Silver Bullion Coin
|999 Fine Silver
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|32.15 Troy Oz
|Single Coin Capsule
|Micro-text | Latent feature | Surface animation | Tincture lines