- Struck in 22 carat gold
- The reverse of the coin returns to Benedetto Pistrucci’s iconic St George and the dragon design
- The obverse features the official coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, designed by Martin Jennings
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- The weight and purity of each Sovereign coin is assured by Royal Proclamation
- Gold bullion coins produced by The Royal Mint are exempt from Value Added Tax and Capital Gains Tax
With a legacy spanning more than 500 years, The Sovereign has been associated with many British monarchs. For 2024, the reverse of the coin returns to Benedetto Pistrucci’s iconic St George and the dragon design, which first appeared on The Sovereign in the nineteenth century. The obverse of the 2024 Bullion Sovereign range features the official coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, designed by Martin Jennings.
Known as the ‘chief coin of the world’, The Sovereign is struck in 22 carat gold, with its purity guaranteed to five decimal places, making it the most tightly specified coin in the world. Each bullion coin produced by The Royal Mint goes through a rigorous process to make sure they adhere to our strict bullion standard so that investors can collect with confidence.
The Sovereign 2024 bullion coin range also includes a Half-Sovereign, Double-Sovereign and Quarter-Sovereign.
The Sovereign 2024 Gold Bullion Coin in Blister
|916.67 Fine Gold
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|0.235 Troy Oz
|Secure Blister Pack