In 2022, Her Late Majesty The Queen will make history when she becomes the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. Since 1952, the world has watched her grow from a young queen leading post-war Britain into an admired leader and great-grandmother. As the longest living reigning monarch in the world, The Queen has been a source of comfort and stability throughout the years.
To celebrate this unprecedented milestone moment, The Royal Mint have struck a new range of its prestigious Sovereign bullion coins featuring a new design by the renowned numismatic artist Timothy Noad. Known as the ‘chief coin of the world’, The Sovereign is struck in 22 carat gold and guaranteed to five decimal places, making it the most tightly specified coin in the world. Each coin has been through a rigorous process to make sure they reach The Royal Mint’s strict bullion standard, so that investors can collect with confidence.
- Please note we have now stopped all production of Sovereign 2022 bullion coins which feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- Features an exclusive reverse design created for Her Late Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- The obverse bears the fifth definitive coinage portrait of The Queen
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- The weight and purity of each Sovereign coin is assured by Royal Proclamation
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
The Sovereign 2022 bullion range also includes a Half-Sovereign, Double-Sovereign and Quarter-Sovereign bullion coin.
The Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Timothy Noad|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.235 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|