Iconic, respected and reassuringly familiar, the modern Sovereign dates from 1817, when it was revived to help restore financial stability in the wake of the Napoleonic wars. The Sovereign soon became a popular trade coin, earning a reputation as the ‘chief coin of the world’ as Britain’s international standing grew.
Struck in 22 carat gold and guaranteed to five decimal places, The Sovereign is the most tightly specified coin in the world. Heralded for its beauty as well as its accuracy, Benedetto Pistrucci’s St George and the dragon design, created for the coin’s revival, is synonymous with The Sovereign. A triumph of numismatic art, perfected over 200 years by our skilled craftspeople, it lays claim to being the most famous coin design in the world. Instantly recognisable, it ensures The Sovereign is trusted and accepted wherever it is presented.
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- The obverse bears the fifth definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- Features the classic reverse design of St George and the dragon
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
The Sovereign 2021 Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Benedetto Pistrucci|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.235 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|