Inspired by the majestic Royal Beasts that stand guard over the moat of Hampton Court Palace, the Royal Tudor Beasts bullion coin collection begins with the mighty Lion of England. Strong, intimidating and regal, the lion was a fierce figure to greet visitors to Hampton Court Palace and embodied the values of Henry VIII and his kingdom.
The original, gargoyle-like statue of the lion on the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace inspired David Lawrence, who has captured the magnificent Lion of England in all its glory, with a flowing mane and sharp claws, against a surface animation background texture. The fifth definitive coinage portrait of Her Late Majesty The Queen by Jody Clark appears on the obverse of the coin.
This coin has been struck in one ounce of 999.9 fine gold and is also available as a quarter-ounce gold edition along with silver and platinum editions.
- Please note we have now stopped all production of Royal Tudor Beasts bullion coins which feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Struck in one troy ounce of 999.9 fine gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- David Lawrence’s design is inspired by the Royal Beasts that line the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace
- Features a secure surface animation background texture
- CGT and VAT exempt for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
The Royal Tudor Beasts 2022 Lion of England 1oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||David Lawrence|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|