A mainstay of British coinage for centuries, the Royal Arms is a majestic symbol of strength and majesty which represents the illustrious history of monarchy and heraldry in the United Kingdom.
It acts as the official coat of arms for the British monarch and its origins lie on the medieval battlefield where it would be seen on shields, banners and dress. It has evolved through the ages and is a true indicator of power, approval and duty.
First appearing in 1983, the iconic design by Eric Sewell has been reinterpreted by Timothy Noad for 2020. This design exemplifies the royal heritage which each monarch inherits during their reign and features the heraldic devices which have lasted through the ages, such as the Lion of England and Unicorn of Scotland supporting the shield.
This tenth ounce gold bullion coin also features a radial background on the reverse, making a truly beautiful design more exquisite.
- A new addition to the bullion range, which celebrates an enduring symbol of the British monarchy
- 1/10 oz of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat)
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- The reverse has been designed by acclaimed coin designer, illuminator and calligrapher Timothy Noad
- A brand-new, unique investment opportunity – this is the first Royal Arms coin released by The Royal Mint