Struck to bullion standard, a memorial edition of The Sovereign, The Royal Mint’s flagship coin, honours the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. In tribute to Her Majesty, Benedetto Pistrucci’s classic St George and the dragon design stands aside for an intricate reinterpretation of the Royal Arms by Jody Clark. This is also the first Sovereign bullion coin range bearing the official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King, which heralds a new chapter for the British monarchy.
This Sovereign is dated 2022 as it was struck to memorialise the passing of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A further Sovereign bullion coin range will launch in 2023.
- Our Memorial Sovereign bullion coin range has ceased production and we have limited stock remaining
- The obverse bears the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time
- The Royal Arms, portrayed by Jody Clark, graces the reverse in a rare change of design
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
- Presented in Sovereign-branded blister packaging
The Memorial Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin in Blister
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.235 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Secure Blister Pack|