A trusted symbol of strength and reliability for collectors and investors over the world, The Sovereign returns as part of a new bullion coin range. The edition serves as a poignant tribute to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who sadly passed away on 8 September 2022. The reverse design features Jody Clark’s skilful and intricate depiction of the Royal Arms, a fitting emblem to honour a 70-year reign. For the first time, The Sovereign bears the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King on the obverse. Designed by British sculptor Martin Jennings, the portrait received the personal approval of King Charles III.
This Sovereign is dated 2022 as it was struck to memorialise the passing of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A further Sovereign bullion coin range will launch in 2023.
- Part of a bullion coin range honouring Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- The Sovereign features the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time
- An intricate and elegant interpretation of the Royal Arms by Jody Clark graces the reverse
- Struck in 22 carat gold and finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
- Presented in Sovereign-branded blister packaging
The Memorial Quarter Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin in Blister
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.059 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Secure Blister Pack|