Struck to honour the inspiring legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, a memorial edition of The Sovereign is available as part of a new bullion coin range. Representing regal strength and authority for centuries, the coins in the range feature the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time in its history. The reverse design, which so often features Benedetto Pistrucci’s iconic depiction of St George and the dragon, stands aside for a skilful portrayal of the Royal Arms by Jody Clark.
This Sovereign is dated 2022 as it was struck to memorialise the passing of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A further Sovereign bullion coin range will launch in 2023.
- Our Memorial Sovereign bullion coin range has ceased production and we have limited stock remaining
- Our flagship coin bears the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time
- In a rare change of design, Jody Clark’s rendering of the Royal Arms features on the reverse of the coin
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
- Presented in Sovereign-branded blister packaging
The Memorial Half Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin in Blister
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.117 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Secure Blister Pack|