The Royal Mint is proud to present The Sovereign 2022 bullion coin range made to celebrate Her Late Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. This year, Queen Elizabeth II marks 70 years on the throne and becomes the first British monarch to achieve this momentous milestone. To honour this unprecedented event, our prestigious 2022 Sovereign bullion coin range features a new, exclusive Platinum Jubilee design on the reverse by renowned artist Timothy Noad. The obverse features the latest definitive portrait of The Queen by Jody Clark.
First produced on behalf of Henry VII in 1498, The Sovereign has always had an association with royalty. Often referred to as the ‘chief coin in the world’, The Royal Mint’s flagship coin has international appeal and each bullion coin produced by The Royal Mint undergoes a rigorous testing process to ensure investors can collect with confidence.
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features an exclusive reverse design created for Her Late Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- The obverse bears the latest definitive coinage portrait of The Queen
- The weight and purity of each Sovereign coin is assured by Royal Proclamation
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
The Half Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Timothy Noad|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.117 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|