The Sovereign is The Royal Mint’s 22 carat gold flagship coin and has been a constant of British coinage, admired and trusted through times of change. It features Benedetto Pistrucci’s original St George and the dragon design.
This bullion coin is an investment piece and the weight and quality is verified at the Trial of the Pyx - an exacting independent trial dating back to at least 1282.
The exceptional purity of The Sovereign’s 916.7 gold means it is CGT exempt in the United Kingdom and VAT free in the UK and European Community.
Being UK legal tender they are VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- UK legal tender
- Minted to bullion standard
- The obverse bears the definitive fifth coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- Individually packaged in single coin capsules