At The Royal Mint, tradition has long gone hand in hand with innovation. Our new bullion coin collection, inspired by myths and legends, explores enchanting stories that have been passed down through generations and are still celebrated today.
The collection first explores the story of Robin Hood, beginning with the legend himself. Passed along through the oral traditions of the time, stories of this heroic rebel, who took from the rich to give to the poor, have been spread far and wide since the fourteenth century. Two more coins inspired by the tale will follow, featuring the courageous heroine Maid Marian and Robin Hood’s trusted companion Little John.
Robin Hood has been depicted in a design by Jody Clark with a bow in hand, ready to spring into action in Sherwood Forest. He is accompanied by a portrait of Her Majesty The Queen on the coin’s obverse, which was also designed by Jody Clark. Struck in 999.9 fine gold, each one ounce coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and is also available as a one ounce silver edition.
- Please note we have now stopped all production of Myths and Legends bullion coins which feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999.9 fine gold
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features a modern interpretation of Robin Hood by Jody Clark
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Robin Hood 2021 1oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Additional Features||Micro-dot table texture|