Centuries after his tales were first told around British campfires and hearths, The Royal Mint is celebrating the legendary hero Robin Hood. The iconic character, who famously stole from the rich to give to the poor, appears on the first coin in a new bullion collection inspired by myth and legend. The hero of folklore will soon be followed by two more coins inspired by the tale, featuring the courageous heroine Maid Marian and Robin Hood’s trusted companion Little John.
Passed along through the oral traditions of the time, stories of this heroic rebel have been spread far and wide since the fourteenth century. Robin Hood was often described as a great archer, and Jody Clark’s depiction of the character features him hidden amongst the branches of Sherwood Forest, poised with a bow and arrow ready for action.
Struck in 999 fine silver, each one ounce coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and is also available as a one ounce gold edition.
- The first release in an exciting new bullion coin collection
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999 fine silver
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features a modern interpretation of Robin Hood by Jody Clark
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Robin Hood 2021 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Additional Features||Micro-dot table texture|