The Queen’s Beasts Collection brings ancient symbols of ancestry, power and heraldry to life on a series of prestigious coins. Royal Mint designer Jody Clark has reimagined the ten beasts that stood guard at the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen in 1953; each one representing a strand of ancestry brought together in a young woman about to be crowned before the nation.
The coin featuring the White Horse of Hanover is the latest release in the collection – a symbol that came to Her Majesty through her Hanoverian ancestors. In 1714 Georg Ludwig, ruler of the German duchy of Hanover, succeeded to the throne of Great Britain as George I. He brought with him the heraldry of the region including the device of a white horse on a red background.
The shield the white horse is clutching shows the three lions of England, the lion of Scotland, the fleur-de-lis of France, the Irish harp and the Arms for Hanover. The White Horse of Hanover is portrayed facing to the right, keeping it distinct from its mythical relative the unicorn.
Featuring a secure chainmail background, the realism of the White Horse of Hanover is displayed to its fullest.
- Struck in one ounce of 999.9 fine gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Both sides of the coin were created by prestigious Royal Mint designer Jody Clark
- Features a secure, detailed chainmail background texture
- Struck by The Royal Mint – the official mint of the United Kingdom
- Exempt from UK capital gains tax for UK residents
- VAT free for non-VAT registered private individuals
- Packaged in a single coin capsule
The Queen's Beasts 2020 White Horse Ten Gold 1oz Bullion Coin Tube
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|