When Her Late Majesty The Queen was crowned in 1953, ten statues lined the entrance to Westminster Abbey. Each beast represented the heraldry of the new queen, symbols of the monarchs in whose footsteps she walked. The Queen’s Beasts have since been brought to life in a series of coins designed by the man behind the latest definitive coinage portrait of The Queen – Royal Mint designer Jody Clark.
The white horse represents The Queen’s Hanoverian ancestry. In 1714 Georg Ludwig, ruler of the German duchy of Hanover, succeeded to the throne of Great Britain as George I; bringing with him the heraldry of the region including the device of a white horse on a red background.
This design highlights the white horse’s strong silhouette, giving it a look of strength and realism, befitting this magnificent heraldic beast. The badge on the horse’s shield bears the three lions of England, the lion of Scotland, the fleur-de-lis of France, the Irish harp and the Arms for Hanover.
Featuring a secure chainmail texture, the realism of the White Horse of Hanover is displayed to its fullest.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a one ounce gold and two-ounce silver edition.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Both sides of the coin were created by prestigious Royal Mint designer Jody Clark
- Features a secure, detailed chainmail background texture
- Struck by The Royal Mint – the official mint of the United Kingdom
- Exempt from UK capital gains tax for UK residents
- VAT free for non-VAT registered private individuals
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
The Queen's Beasts 2020 White Horse 1/4oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1/4 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|