Influenced by ancient symbols of power and identity, The Queen’s Beasts Collection is inspired by the ten imposing statues that lined the entrance to Westminster Abbey at Her Majesty The Queen’s coronation in 1953. These heraldic beasts are representations of an enduring legacy that charts the pivotal events and twists of fate that have come to define our ruling dynasties.
Following the success of the previous releases in The Queen’s Beasts Collection, this one ounce gold bullion coin is a new addition to the range.
The yale is a mythical beast, able to swivel each of its horns independently so if the leading horn gets damaged in battle, the other horn can swivel around and be a prominent weapon. It descends to The Queen through Henry VII, who inherited it from his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort, who went on to play a central role in the Wars of the Roses. Her position as matriarch of the Tudor dynasty gave the yale prestige and symbolic meaning.
This one ounce gold bullion coin features another original portrait by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark. The yale has been portrayed as a creature of regal stature, both rare and magnificent. Its horns, its most prominent feature, is a focal point in the design, maintaining its mystery and ancient heritage.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a gold quarter-ounce edition and a silver two-ounce edition.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- Both the coin’s obverse and reverse have been created by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Struck by The Royal Mint, the home of every official United Kingdom coin struck during Her Majesty The Queen’s reign
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
The Queen's Beasts 2019 The Yale 1 oz Gold Bullion Ten Coin Tube
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|