The background for The Queen’s Beasts range comes from the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, where ten heraldic beasts stood guard, The Queen’s Beasts, sculpted by James Woodford RA for the coronation ceremony.
The coins each depict one of The Queen’s Beasts, reimagined by Royal Mint Coin Designer Jody Clark. Jody also created the latest definitive coinage portrait of The Queen to appear on United Kingdom coins. His bold interpretation of the Lion of England was the first to be released, followed by the Griffin, and now the Red Dragon of Cadwallader.
- Struck to bullion standard
- Each coin contains 1 oz of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat)
- The third in a series of ten designs that will celebrate each of The Queen’s Beasts
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Packaged in a 10 coin tube