Recognised and trusted around the world, the Britannia bullion coin is sought after by investors and institutions. Featuring a crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III by Martin Jennings on the obverse, this special edition Britannia celebrates the coronation of His Majesty The King. Each coin in the Coronation Britannia 2023 bullion coin range is available in limited numbers.
- Struck to celebrate the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- Features the first crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King, designed by Martin Jennings
- Four advanced security features accompany this iconic Britannia design
- Encapsulated in a single coin capsule
- Exempt from VAT and Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- A limited mintage of 10,000
- The 2023 Coronation Britannia coins will be the only Britannia bullion coins in history to feature the first crowned effigy of His Majesty King Charles III
Why isn't there a castellation around the edge of The Coronation Britannia obverse design?
The official crowned bullion effigy struck to mark the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III does not feature the traditional Britannia edge castellation. In line with The Royal Mint’s commitment to sustainability, we have used the same crowned obverse as the rest of the Coronation bullion coin range to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
The Coronation Britannia 2023 1oz Gold Bullion Coin
|999.9 Fine Gold
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|1 Troy Oz
|Single Coin Capsule