- Four advanced features make this a highly secure bullion coin
- A latent image on the coin changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides the coin with both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Protected in a single coin capsule
Across the world, many know The Royal Mint for our ability to create products made with precious metals that blend traditional craft with innovative technology. For 2024, our Britannia bullion coin employs this combination and redefines security within the bullion market. Philip Nathan’s 1987 Britannia design stands as strong and as beautiful as ever, enhanced and protected just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘DECUS ET TUTAMEN’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’. Reflecting the flow of waves as you move the coin, surface animation features in the background. A latent feature in the lower left-hand segment of the coin switches between a trident and a padlock based on the viewer’s perspective, which emphasises both Britannia’s naval strength and the secure nature of the coin. Finally, tincture lines highlight details like the Union flag on Britannia’s shield and make this tenth-ounce 999.9 fine gold coin one of the most visually secure coins in the world.
These features are also available on the one kilo and one ounce fine silver editions, one ounce, half-ounce and quarter-ounce fine gold editions and one ounce and tenth-ounce fine platinum editions of the coin.
Britannia 2024 1/10oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.10 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Security Features||Micro-text | Latent image | Tincture lines | Surface animation|