- Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year.
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s trident
- Surface animation creates a background of moving waves
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Presented in Britannia-branded blister packaging
Britannia has represented a nation and its people since Roman times and more than two thousand years later the icon is still instantly recognisable on a bullion coin. For 2023, Britannia continues to define security in the bullion market as she appears on a coin that has four groundbreaking features. Surface animation provides a background for Britannia, reflecting the flow of waves as the coin is moved, and between this and the banding of the coin you will find micro-text with the wording ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’ and describes the features that both decorate and protect the coin. A latent feature in the lower-hand segment of the coin switches between a trident and a padlock based on the viewer’s perspective – emphasising her maritime strength and the coin’s secure nature – and details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been specially highlighted with tincture lines. The advanced features have been combined to create a stunning Britannia design that is also the most visually secure bullion coin in the world.
These features are also available on the one kilo and one ounce fine silver, one ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine gold.
Britannia 2023 1/2 oz Gold Bullion Coin in Blister (Queen Elizabeth II)
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.5 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Secure Blister Pack|
|Security Features||Micro-text | Latent image | Tincture lines | Surface animation|