- The obverse features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
- The world’s first bullion coin to feature the first coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s trident
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Presented in Britannia-branded blister packaging
Britannia has represented a nation and its people since Roman times and more than two thousand years later the icon is still instantly recognisable on a bullion coin. For 2023, Britannia continues to define security in the bullion market as she appears on a coin that has four groundbreaking features. Surface animation provides a background for Britannia, reflecting the flow of waves as the coin is moved, and between this and the banding of the coin you will find micro-text with the wording ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’ and describes the features that both decorate and protect the coin. A latent feature in the lower left-hand segment of the coin switches between a trident and a padlock based on the viewer’s perspective – emphasising her maritime strength and the coin’s secure nature – and details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been specially highlighted with tincture lines. The advanced features have been combined to create a stunning Britannia design that is also the most visually secure coin in the world.
These features are also available on the one kilo and one ounce fine silver, one ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine gold.
Britannia 2023 1/2 oz Gold Bullion Coin in Blister (King Charles III)
|999.9 Fine Gold
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|0.5 Troy Oz
|Secure Blister Pack
|Micro-text | Latent image | Tincture lines | Surface animation