- Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year.
- Four advanced features make this a highly secure bullion coin
- A latent image on the coin changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Protected in a single coin capsule
The Royal Mint is famous for making precious metals products that blend traditional craft and innovative technology. For 2023, our Britannia bullion coin displays this combination to redefine security in the bullion market. As strong and as beautiful as ever, Philip Nathan’s 1987 Britannia design has been enhanced and protected just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’. Surface animation provides a background to Britannia, reflecting the flow of waves as the coin is moved. A latent feature in the lower segment of the coin switches between a trident and a padlock based on the viewer’s perspective, emphasising Britannia’s maritime strength and the coin’s secure nature. Finally, details like the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been highlighted by tincture lines, making this tenth-ounce 999.9 fine gold coin one of the most visually secure bullion coins in the world.
These features are also available on the one kilo and one ounce fine silver, one ounce, half-ounce and quarter-ounce fine gold.
Britannia 2023 1/10 oz Gold Bullion Coin (Queen Elizabeth II)
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.10 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Security Features||Micro-text | Latent image | Tincture lines | Surface animation|