Created by the team behind the United Kingdom’s 12-sided £1 coin, which is known as ‘the world’s most secure coin’, the Britannia 2023 bullion coin features innovative security technology that make it the most visually secure coin in the world.
- The obverse features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
- The world’s first bullion coin to feature the first coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III
- The iconic Britannia coin design includes four advanced security features
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation creates movement in the background of waves
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Presented in Britannia-branded blister packaging
Struck in 999.9 fine gold and enhanced with four security features, Philip Nathan’s depiction of Britannia is as beautiful as ever on this bullion coin. In the lower left-hand of the design, below Britannia’s flowing gown, a trident represents her naval history and as the viewer changes their perspective, this trident becomes a padlock, emphasising the coin’s secure nature. Surface animation reflects the movement of waves and fine details such as the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been carefully highlighted in the coin’s bullion finish. These added security features both decorate and protect the coin, just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’.
These features are also available on the one kilo and one ounce fine silver, half-ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine gold. The Britannia 2023 bullion coin is also available without the additional features as a quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce fine silver edition.
Britannia 2023 1 oz Gold Bullion Coin in Blister (King Charles III)
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Secure Blister Pack|
|Security Features||Micro-text | Latent image | Tincture lines | Surface animation|