The Royal Mint is famous for its ability to blend the finest craftsmanship with innovative technology and for 2022, our Britannia bullion coin showcases this combination to redefine security in the bullion market. As strong and as beautiful as ever, Philip Nathan’s 1987 Britannia design has been enhanced and protected just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘Decus et Tutamen’, which translates as ‘An ornament and a safeguard’. Surface animation provides a background to Britannia, reflecting the flow of waves as the coin is moved. A latent feature in the lower segment of the coin switches between a trident and a padlock based on the viewer’s perspective, emphasising Britannia’s maritime strength and the coin’s secure nature. Finally, details like the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been highlighted by tincture lines, making this tenth-ounce 999.9 fine gold coin one of the most visually secure coins in the world.
These features are also available on the one ounce, half-ounce and quarter-ounce fine gold editions of the coin, and the one ounce fine silver edition.
- Four advanced features make this a highly secure bullion coin
- A latent image on the coin changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag, which is accented with tincture lines
- Packaged in Britannia-branded blister packaging
Britannia 2022 1/10 oz Gold Bullion Coin in Blister
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.10 Troy Oz|
|Security Features||Reverse reads 'DECUS ET TUTAMEN' | Latent feature trident and padlock | surface animation waves deta|