The Royal Mint is famous for its ability to blend the finest craftsmanship with innovative technology, and in 2021, our Britannia bullion coin showcases this combination to redefine security in the bullion market. Philip Nathan’s depiction of Britannia is as strong and beautiful as ever, his design now enhanced and protected just as the micro-text that borders the design states – DECUS ET TUTAMEN, or AN ORNAMENT AND A SAFEGUARD. Surface animation provides a background to Britannia, reflecting the flow of waves as the coin is moved. A latent feature in the lower hand segment of the coin switches between a trident and a padlock based on the viewer’s perspective – emphasising Britannia’s maritime strength and the coin’s secure nature. Finally, details like the Union Flag on Britannia’s shield have been highlighted by tincture lines, making this 999.9 fine gold coin the most visually secure coin in the world.
These features are also available on the 1oz, 1/2oz and 1/4oz fine gold editions of the coin, and on the 1oz fine silver edition.
- Four advanced features take visual security to the next level
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of sparkling waves to life
- Micro text gives both decoration and protection – ‘an ornament and a safeguard’
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union Flag accented with tincture lines
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.10 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Security Features||Reverse reads 'DECUS ET TUTAMEN' | Latent feature trident and padlock | surface animation waves deta|