Also referred to as Emperor Guan and Guan Yunchang, Guan Gong is worshipped by millions of people in China and around the world. Small shrines with statues of Guan Gong are a common sight in shops and restaurants as the god is seen as one of East Asia’s most popular symbols of loyalty, integrity and a warrior guardian who brings protection, wealth and luck. In 2022, this imposing figure featured on a 20g gold bullion minted bar from The Royal Mint for the first time.
Guan Gong’s distinctive features and signature blade have been detailed in gold, the precious metal long associated with good fortune. Tested to rigorous standards by an independent, quality assurance process, the Guan Gong gold bar will make a thoughtful gift or a secure investment for a friend or loved one for any special occasion. Drawing on more than 1,100 years of minting expertise, we have applied our craft to ensure a faithful representation of one of the most well-known deities in Chinese culture.
- An exclusive design depicting Guan Gong, the Chinese god of wealth
- Contains 20g of 999.9 fine gold
- The Chinese-inspired sleeve design makes this bar an ideal gift
- A thoughtful way to celebrate Chinese New Year
- Each bar is imprinted with a unique serial number
- Designed in collaboration with Wei Shao, a senior lecturer in Chinese Studies at Cardiff University
Guan Gong 20g Gold Bullion Minted Bar
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.64 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Secure Blister Packaging & Sleeve|
|Bar Size||31mm x 18mm|
|Bar Thickness||2.1 mm|
|Serial Number||Unique serial number|